My Facebook page is flooded with updates from my friends showing their kiddos going back to school. The kids look so small and adorable with their little backpacks! While it gives me great joy seeing those updates, it also give me lots of nostalgia. Now that my boys are in college, I really miss those days. I miss the little boys they used to be and I wish I could hug them at that age one more time. When I start feeling like that I remind myself that I’m very lucky to have them around and that they live close by and didn’t move away to college out of state. I have to focus on the positive right?
My friends, if you have little ones, do not take for granted the days you have with them. Cherish e v e r y m o m e n t! They grow up fast and suddenly poof! They’re gone :(.
Okay, let’s cheer this post up and talk about this awesome dessert! In fact, I made this with the kiddos in mind as a perfect snack for school lunches or as an after school snack. It’s healthy, easy to make and loaded with protein! I eat yogurt pretty much everyday and now I’m digging the addition of these cinnamon crisps.
I think you will like this too
- 8 wonton wrappers, cut in had diagonally
- Cooking Spray
- 1 packet of no calorie sweetener (I prefer Truvia as it has the same consistency of sugar) or 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1½ cups plain fat-free Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup blackberries
- 4 teaspoons honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Arrange wonton wrappers in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; lightly coat wrappers with cooking spray.
- Combine sweetener/sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle sugar mixture evenly over wrappers.
- Bake for 3 minutes or until crisp and slightly browned.
- Set the wrappers aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl add the yogurt & honey and mix well.
- Layer the yogurt & berries in 4 small bowls.
- Serve each with 4 wonton crisps.